Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

picking my outfit for the end of the world.

.
Dear Jesus,

I have it on unreliable authority that you're coming for a visit this weekend? If you do come, this means you'll get to see my new shoes close up; they're so lovely. I'm picking them because I think they'll go quite nicely with Heaven, what with their eyelets and floral printing and overall whimsical nature. They're comfortable too - perfect for cloud dancing (if I could be so bold as to ask for a cloud dance with you).

I was thinking, if I get raptured, can you make sure to do it while I'm  not driving? I'd hate for my car to veer off the road like that and hit someone; although I'm guessing you've thought these things through in advance. You are God after all, and from what I understand you have these things in your control; that, you know, I don't really need to worry.

There are so many things I want to talk to you about. I  hope that with all those extra people arriving in Heaven that day, you'll still have time for me. Should I book an appointment? Or will you recognize me when I get there? Just look for the girl with the uncertain-I-should-be-here look on her face. Oh, and I'll be wearing those shoes. You can just look for those if you want to.


love,
ashley

ps. I just talked to Anita, and she would prefer it if you waited to come back until after the concert.
.
.

2 comments:

anita said...

Just in case Jesus decides not to hold off until after the concert, save me a spot in the line-up with you. It'll make killing time while we wait to get through the Pearly Gates way more fun. (Unless you know someone who has an in with St. Peter...)

Natalie said...

You're darling :)
PS - I'm still waiting to purchase a copy of that book you wrote and were going to publish....remember?